Sauteed scallops with coriander pesto
( SERVES 4 )
|1 cup||Fresh coriander, packed, chopped stems|
|½ cup||Fresh parsley, packed, coarsely chopped|
|¼ cup||Pine nuts|
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|¼ cup||Extra virgin olive oil, I used the Alfa One Leccino variety, use up to 1/2 cup|
- To make pesto, place herbs, pinenuts and garlic in a blender and process until finely chopped.
- With the motor running, slowly pour in olive oil, mixing until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill until required. Makes about ¾ cup.
- Cook pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Season scallops with black pepper. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan on medium-low. Saute scallops for 1 minute each side.
- Divide cooked, drained pasta among four shallow bowls. Top with the scallops and oil.
- Dot with room-temperature pesto and serve.