Chicken and mushroom pies
( SERVES 4 )
Chicken thighs are better suited to this recipe than breasts because they can withstand the longer cooking time.
- Preheat oven to 200 degC.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes or until browned.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Add the wine, cream, salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Spoon into 4 x 1 cup-capacity ovenproof dishes and place on a baking tray.
- Cut 4 x 11cm circles from the pastry and place on top of the chicken mixture.
- Brush with the egg and cook for 20 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden.