Leek, chickpea and lemon soup with roasted garlic oil
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat oven to 180C. Wrap the garlic in tin foil and roast for 30 minutes. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and butter, then add the coriander seeds, onion, celery and lemon zest. Stir for 5 minutes until golden and fragrant.
- Trim the ends off the leek and slice, discarding any tough outer leaves. Rinse to remove any dirt. Add to the saucepan with the chickpeas, stock, wine and bay leaf.
- Simmer for 30 minutes then remove the bay leaf. Add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste before serving in warm bowls.
- Squeeze roasted garlic cloves from skin and mash with the extra olive oil in a bowl, then spoon into soup to combine.