Fish in citrus sauce
Photo by Babiche Martens
Fish is great with citrus, whether it's a whole barbecued fish stuffed with lemons, limes and herbs or just a wee squeeze on the top of the finished dish. When dishes are as simple as these, I like to serve them with smashed potatoes and a salad or asparagus. The fresh flavours of spring...
- Place fish fillets into a flat dish. Pour over lime zest and juice, and sprinkle with salt, Tabasco and coriander seeds. Cover and marinate overnight. It will appear cooked.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add spring onions and cook 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes, oregano and chopped parsley. Simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Strain marinade from fish, reserving it to add later. Place fillets into tomato sauce, cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until fish is tender and just cooked through.
- Pour over reserved marinade and gently stir through.
- Carefully plate fish and spoon over sauce.