Everything goes salsa
Photo by Tamara West
This salsa thrives on lots of fresh coriander. It’s a great way to make use of the stalks and roots, which are full of flavour and sometimes overlooked. I called it ‘everything goes’ because you can mix and match ingredients, throwing in whatever you have in the fridge. I really like the intense zing of lime zest so I just use a whole lime, and a golden kiwifruit for extra sweetness. This makes quite a bit, but you can happily keep leftovers in the fridge for a few days.
- Place the red onion, coriander, garlic, lime and chillies into a food processor and run until finely chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse to chop while still retaining a bit of texture.
Make a change
- Frozen corn or fresh pear for sweetness
- Lemon instead of lime for acidity
- Good-quality canned tomatoes instead of fresh
- Silverbeet stalks or celery instead of capsicum for freshness
- Spring onions instead of red onion
- Dried chilli instead of fresh