Salad of cabbage, mung beans sprouts and herbs with shredded duck
Photo by Tamara West
- Heat the grill to high.
- Place dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- In a large bowl place the shredded cabbage, bean sprouts, spring onion, carrot matchsticks and herbs and gently toss. Place the toasted peanuts in a small dish.
- Remove most of the fat from around the duck legs (keep fat in the fridge and use to roast potatoes), and place skin side up on a lightly greased shallow baking tray. Place under the grill until the skin is crispy.
- Remove skin and cut into small pieces. Pull meat away from bones.
- Toss duck meat through the salad and place on a large serving platter. Drizzle over enough dressing to moisten, then scatter over duck skin. Serve with toasted peanuts and extra dressing.
Make a change
Instead of the duck legs you could use a bought cooked chicken. Toss shredded chicken meat in a little of the dressing before adding to the salad.