Salmon poached in court bouillon served with sauce tartare
Celia Hay poaches salmon in a classic French broth and turns a homemade mayonnaise into sauce tartare to accompany it.
|150 ml||White wine vinegar|
|1 medium||Onion, sliced|
|1 bunch||Fresh parsley|
|1 sprig||Fresh thyme|
- Simmer together all the court bouillon ingredients for 30 minutes. Strain if you like.
- Wrap each fillet in plastic wrap.
- Place the court bouillon into a large saucepan over a very low heat and place the salmon into the liquid. Do not allow the liquid to simmer or boil, it should barely move.
- Cover with a lid and poach for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove salmon from the liquid, remove the skin and serve with sauce tartare, see recipe, right.
For sauce tartare:
To make sauce tartare, add 1 tsp capers, finely chopped, 1 tsp gherkins, finely chopped, 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped and 1 tsp chives or finely sliced shallots to approximately half a cup of mayonnaise.