Grilled salmon with rainbow noodles
A simple dish with lots of colour and a lovely balance of Asian flavours.
Salmon and rainbow noodles
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add cabbage, carrot and chilli to dressing and set aside to marinate while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Heat oven grill to 220C. Lay salmon fillets on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Mix sweet chilli sauce, lime zest and juice and ginger together and spoon over salmon fillets. Grill salmon for 6-8 minutes or until just cooked through (I prefer my salmon ever so slightly under-done).
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook noodles according to packet instructions or until just cooked (be careful not to overcook the noodles, they should still have a bit of bite in them). Drain and rinse the noodles under cold water.
- Toss drained noodles with cabbage, carrot, dressing and spring onion. Divide noodles between plates and top with a piece of salmon.
A Japanese noodle made from a mix of wheat and buckwheat flour. Some are made with only buckwheat flour, so are gluten-free — check the labels. They have a low glycaemic index (GI), meaning they are a slower-releasing carbohydrate.