Fish baked with potatoes
( SERVES 4 )
|500 g||Waxy potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled|
|1 cup||Extra virgin olive oil, in two 1/2 cup measures|
|3||Garlic cloves, minced|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|½ tsp||Ground chilli|
|2 tsp||Fresh oregano, heaped|
|2||Lemons, for 1 tbsp of zest|
|1 tsp||Fennel seeds|
|½ cup||Tomatoes, canned or fresh, chopped|
|4 fillets||White fish, choose a firm fish such as kingfish or bluenose|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh basil|
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Boil potatoes until just tender - about five minutes, then drain. Dress with garlic, 1 tablespoon parsley, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup olive oil then stir to combine. Put into a 20x25cm dish in one layer.
- Mince one heaped teaspoon of oregano with lemon zest and fennel seeds. Sprinkle over potatoes and scatter with half the tomato pulp.
- Place the fish on the potatoes to cover. Season with salt, pepper, chilli, one teaspoon oregano, parsley and basil, then scatter with remaining tomatoes.
- Top with breadcrumbs and drizzle with 1/2 cup olive oil. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden.