Pumpkin and rosemary risotto with currants and shallots
Photo by Babiche Martens
|4 cups||Vegetable stock, or chicken stock|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Onion, finely diced|
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|1 cup||Risotto rice, (arborio or carnaroli)|
|1½ cups||Pumpkin, peeled and diced|
|2||Shallots, peeled and sliced|
|2 tsp||Fresh rosemary, finely chopped|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|4 Tbsp||Parmesan cheese, grated|
- Pour the stock into a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pan. Add the onion and garlic, stirring until soft.
- Add the rice and stir for 1 minute or until the grains are coated and glossy.
- Add the pumpkin and stir then begin adding the hot stock, 1 cup at a time.
- After the first cup, stir then add the shallots, rosemary and currants.
- When the stock is absorbed, add another cup and stir until absorbed.
- Continue until the risotto is al dente and creamy.
- Season and stir through the parmesan.