Brazil nut cheese with herbs
Photo by Thinkstock
This is a dairy and gluten-free "cheese".
- Place the nuts in a bowl and cover with cold water. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly oil a baking tray.
- Drain the nuts and place in a blender or food processor. Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic. Blend until very smooth. You may need to pulse the machine and scrape down the sides.
- Place the mixture in the centre of a large clean Chux cloth or tea towel. Bring up the ends and edges to the centre and twist so the mixture forms a ball. Squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Place the herbs and pepper in a bowl. Roll the ball in the herb mixture. Place on the tray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until warm. The ball may start to crack. Lift on to a serving plate and drizzle with the extra olive oil. Serve with small crostini or crackers.