Tandoori lamb cutlets, kachumba and ginger raita
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tamara West
|4 Tbsp||Tandoori paste, use a good quality variety|
|2 Tbsp||Thick plain yoghurt|
|1 tsp||Lemon juice|
|8 medium||Lamb cutlets|
- Thoroughly mix tandoori paste, yoghurt and lemon juice together with a pinch of salt. Use to coat lamb cutlets thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 1 day.
- Mix ginger and yoghurt together to make raita. Season with a little salt and set aside for 10 minutes so flavour can develop.
- Cook lamb cutlets on a rack over a lined roasting pan, on the middle shelf of the oven, under a very hot, preheated grill (or barbecue them). Turn after 4 minutes, and cook a further 4 minutes or until slightly charred.
- Toss all kachumba ingredients together and season with a little salt.
- Serve cutlets with rice or naan, and offer raita and kachumba in bowls on the side.