Coconut chicken fingers with rum sauce
( SERVES 6 )
- Cut each chicken breast into thick fingers about 8cm long by 2.5cm thick.
- Combine coconut, breadcrumbs and seasonings.
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Whisk egg and 2 Tbsp of juice until smooth.
- Dip chicken fingers into egg, then into coconut mixture to coat. Place on an oven tray. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Bake for about 15 minutes or until juices run clear. Turn once during cooking.
- Combine crushed pineapple, lemon juice, sour cream, cayenne and rum.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve as a dip with chicken fingers.