Cheesy chicken and bacon
|2 cups||Chicken stock, or water|
|1 cup||Long grain rice|
|4 rashers||Bacon, use the middle bacon, diced|
|400 g||Chicken breasts, skinned, boned and diced|
|2 tsp||Canola oil|
|1 medium||Onion, diced|
|2 cups||Broccoli, cut into florets|
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|400 g||Canned tomatoes, with chilli|
|1 cup||Tasty cheese, grated|
- Bring chicken stock to boil. Stir in rice. Cover and cook.
- Meanwhile, saute the bacon in a large non-stick frying pan or electric frypan until crisp. Set aside.
- Season chicken and fry in oil for 4-5 minutes. Add to bacon. Stir-fry onion and broccoli for 2 minutes then add garlic and tomatoes.
- Return bacon and chicken to pan. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in cooked rice. Add a little stock or water if too thick.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve at the table from the frying pan.