Caramel chicken with popcorn
|2 tsp||Rice bran oil|
|400 g||Boneless chicken thighs, skinned and thinly sliced|
|1 medium||Red onion, thinly sliced|
|2 cloves||Garlic, thinly sliced|
|1 Tbsp||Soy sauce|
|1 Tbsp||Lime juice, or lemon juice|
|¼ cup||Caster sugar|
|2 Tbsp||Fish sauce|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh coriander, chopped|
|2 cups||Popcorn, use plain popcorn, popped|
- Heat half the oil in a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry chicken, in batches, until golden. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add onion to pan with remaining oil. Stir fry until softened.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Return chicken to pan. Combine soy sauce, lime/lemon juice, caster sugar, fish sauce, coriander and cornflour. Add to pan and stir. Simmer until thickened and chicken is glazed.
- Place popcorn in 4 bowls and spoon chicken on top.
Check out Ray McVinnie's video on 'How to cook the perfect white rice'.