My take on a Korean favourite. Pinch off and discard any brown mung bean ends. Serves 2 as a light meal.
- Wash bean sprouts under cold water and drain well.
- Julienne the carrot to make about 1 cup. Halve spring onions lengthwise, then cut into 5cm lengths. Cut chilli into 5mm rounds.
- Whisk water, eggs, sesame oil and flour together in a large bowl, until smooth. Add vegetables, chilli and garlic. Mix well.
- Heat half the rice bran oil in a 16cm non-stick frying pan. Add half the vege mixture and pat down evenly.
- Loosely cover and cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes, until the underside is golden. Flip pancake.
- Continue cooking until veges are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Place on a warm plate and keep warm while preparing the second pancake.
- Great served drizzled with a sauce prepared from 3 tbsp of soy sauce and 2 tsp of rice vinegar.