Sango and chicken rice paper rolls
No need for chilli or wasabi as an accompaniment with these peppery sango-filled rolls — just serve a little soy sauce and lemon juice combined as a dip. You can prepare all the ingredients ahead and wrap just before serving. Makes 8.
Rice paper rolls
|½ large||Red capsicum|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|125 g||Smoked chicken breast, skinned and boned|
|1 cup||Sango sprouts, loosely packed|
|16 large||Mint leaves|
|2||Mini cucumbers, cut into matchsticks|
|8||Rice paper rounds, 16cm each|
- Seed and slice capsicum into thin strips.
- Peel, halve and stone avocado. Cut into thin batons. Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Cut chicken into batons.
- Soak a rice paper wrapper in a bowl of warm water, until softened.
- Place on a board. Place 2-3 strips of capsicum on edge of wrapper closest to you. Top with a few sango sprouts, avocado batons, chicken, mint leaves and cucumber.
- Fold in sides and roll up to enclose filling. Place on a platter and cover with a damp paper towel.
- Repeat until all rolls are prepared.
- Combine ingredients for dipping sauce and serve with rolls. Serve as a starter.