Marmalade golden syrup steamed pudding
- Grease a steamed pudding basin with 2 teaspoons of softened butter. Spoon firstly golden syrup into the basin, followed by 1 tablespoon of marmalade.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale, add egg and mix well. Stir in remaining marmalade.
- Stir flour and salt then fold into mixture. Dissolve soda in hot milk and add.
- Spoon mixture into basin, cover and screw on lid or use baking paper with string.
- Steam for 35 minutes or until pudding feels firm to touch. Serve straightaway with custard.