Lamb steaks with caper sauce
|4||Lamb steaks, about 500g in total|
|2 Tbsp||White wine|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|3 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|3 tsp||Lemon pepper|
|1 spray||Oil, for cooking|
- Snip edges of steaks to prevent curling during cooking.
- Place in a plastic bag with wine, oil and garlic.
- Move steaks around so they are well coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in flour. Slowly whisk in stock, stirring until thickened. Add lemon juice and capers and heat through. Slowly stir egg yolk into the sauce.
- To cook lamb, remove from marinade and pat dry. Ensure the lamb is at room temperature. Spray a frying pan or grill with oil. Cook 2-3 minutes each side, until just pink inside. Serve with sauce.