Kiwifruit and peach cobbler
Use fresh peaches if possible. Alternatively, use canned sliced peaches. One 425g can provides 1½ cups peaches. Excellent served with ice cream.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place butter in a 20cm heavy frying pan suitable for the hob and oven. Melt on medium heat until nutty brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in bourbon.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Stir in milk. Crumble over butter mixture.
- Peel kiwifruit and halve lengthwise. Cut each half in quarters lengthwise.
- Arrange fruit attractively over crumble mixture. Sprinkle with combined brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for about 40 minutes until lightly browned and set in the centre.