Choice chocolate muffins
Today 29 stores throughout the country sell crafts and toys as well as a growing range of food items that include almonds and Medjool dates from northern Palestine, baking cocoa from the Dominican Republic and cane sugar from Paraguay.
Supermarkets also sell Fairtrade products, mainly chocolate, tea, coffee and bananas. These chocolate muffins are using Fairtrade products. Makes 6.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Lightly grease a six-hole muffin pan.
- Cut the chocolate into 6 even-sized pieces. Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder into a bowl. Stir in the sugar.
- Combine the butter, milk and egg. Stir into the dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Fill 1/3 of the muffin cups with the batter. Add a chocolate piece to each. Cover with the remaining batter. Bake for 20 minutes, until they start to come away from the sides. Cool on a wire rack.
- Great topped with chocolate icing.