Shakshouka (eggs poached in a spicy tomato sauce)
( SERVES 3 )
I Love Eggs suggests
With eggs in the house you will always have a tasty, quick and healthy meal. Visit eggs.org.nz for more.
- Fry the onion in the pan.
- Once the onion has softened add the chili and garlic and fry gently for 3 minutes.
- Add the cumin, allow to cook for about 1 minute so that the cumin releases its aroma.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the capsicum. Now it's time to add the eggs.
- Make sure the mixture in the pan is moist enough to poach eggs. If not add some water.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and cook covered on a low heat until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Serve on warm bread