Kumara, spinach and bacon fritatta
( SERVES 4 )
I Love Eggs NZ suggests
With eggs in the house you will always have a tasty, quick and healthy meal. Visit eggs.org.nz for more.
- In a 26cm frying pan or similar fry the bacon and onion until cooked.
- Add the cooked kumara and chopped spinach. If your using frozen spinach allow it to thaw and then squeeze the moisture out of it in a clean tea towel or between your hands.
- Whisk the eggs together and season with salt and pepper. Add herbs to the egg mixture.
- Heat grill to medium or oven to 170C. Pour the egg mixture over the bacon and vegetables in the pan and stir to mix evenly
- Allow to cook for about 1 minute then add half the cheese and stir again gently to allow the runny egg to flow onto the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on to the top of the frittata and finish cooking under the grill (or in the oven).
- You'll need to use an oven proof pan or small casserole dish if you want to cook this in the oven.
For a non-meat variation leave out the bacon.