Ham and vegetable strata
( SERVES 4 )
I Love Eggs NZ suggests
With eggs in the house you will always have a tasty, quick and healthy meal. Visit eggs.org.nz for more.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onion, capsicum and courgette until softened.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking until they begin to soften.
- While the vegetables are cooking, slice bread into cubes. In a large bowl, add the eggs one at a time to the cream cheese, beating to combine.
- Add the chilli flakes and season with salt and pepper.
- Fold bread pieces into the egg mixture, soaking thoroughly.
- Arrange ½ the bread in an oven proof dish approx 26cm x 18cm.
- Sprinkle on ½ the vegetables and tear ½ the shaved ham into smallish pieces and scatter on top.
- Top with another layer of the soaked bread, the remainder of the vegetables and the rest of the shaved ham.
- Top with the grated cheese and bake at 180C for 35 minutes or until golden.