Caramelised onion eggah (Egyptian frittata)
( SERVES 6 )
I Love Eggs NZ suggests
With eggs in the house you will always have a tasty, quick and healthy meal. Visit eggs.org.nz for more.
- Fry the onions gently in a pan until they are cooked and start to brown.
- Add the garlic and spice mixture, salt and pepper and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk the eggs together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper add add the coriander.
- Once the garlic is softened pour the egg mixture over the onions and stir to combine.
- Cook gently stirring occasionaly to allow the runny egg to replace the cooked egg on the bottom of the pan.
- Once the mixture is ¾ cooked place under a hot grill to cook the top.
- Once cooked slide onto a plate or chopping board and serve with salad, harissa or hot sauce.