Kokako's roast vege salad with feta and kale pesto
Photo by Ted Baghurst
Roast vegetables are a quick dinner staple. If you're after a new set of flavours, try this recipe from organic and Fairtrade-friendly Kokako Cafe, which pairs parsnip, carrot and artichoke with feta and a savoury kale pesto.
|100 g||Kale leaves|
|40 g||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1||Lemon, freshly zested and juiced|
|30 g||Pine nuts, toasted|
|100 ml||Olive oil|
- For the kale pesto, blend with a stick blender and season with salt and pepper.
- For the salad, clean and trim baby carrots and peel and quarter parsnips.
- Cut root vegetables and cut into similar sized pieces so they all roast the same. Reserve cauliflower and tomatoes!
- Season well with salt and pepper and roast at 200C for 30 minutes until just tender and coloured.
- Half-way through roasting add cauliflower.
- Arrange roasted vegetables nicely on the plate.
- Top with cherry tomatoes and dollops of kale pesto.
- Finish with Italian parsley leaves and crumbled feta.
- Drizzle with a little extra olive oil and a good crack of pepper.