Roasted chicken and stuffing
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Michael Craig
Mum’s famous stuffing recipe has been top secret until now. Our friends always request it when they come over for dinner.
|1||Lemon, cut into quarters|
|4 cloves||Garlic, sliced in half|
|1||Olive oil, to coat the chicken|
|2 stems||Fresh rosemary|
- Remove the chicken from the fridge 30 minutes before you are ready to cook it to bring it to room temperature. Preheat oven to 180C.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and insert lemon and garlic into the cavity. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and coat in olive oil. Lay the rosemary in your baking dish and place the chicken on top.
- Bake the chicken for 90 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- For the stuffing, tear bread and place in a bowl. Add 250ml cream, 200g melted butter, ¼ cup mixed herbs and onion. Mix together. Wrap contents in tin foil and place on a baking tray.
- When the chicken has 45 minutes to go, place the stuffing in the oven and bake until golden and slightly crisp on the outside and soft and fluffy in the middle.