Tandoori chicken wings
( SERVES 4 )
This recipe from Le Cordon Bleu Cuisine Foundation is brought to you by the movie The Hundred-Foot Journey in cinemas August 14.
|¾ Tbsp||Sweet paprika|
|1 Tbsp||Garam masala|
|1 Tbsp||Ground cumin|
|1 Tbsp||Ground coriander|
|½ tsp||Ground turmeric|
|1 cup||Cilantro, chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Fresh ginger, finely grated|
|5 cloves||Minced garlic|
|¼ cup||Greek yoghurt, use fat-free Greek yoghurt|
|½ cup||Canola oil|
|3 Tbsp||White vinegar|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|1.8 kgs||Chicken drumsticks|
- Preheat the oven to 230C. Set a rack on each of 2 large baking sheets. In a small skillet, toast the paprika, garam masala, cumin, coriander, and turmeric over low heat. Stir for approx 2 minutes.
- Transfer the spices to a bowl and let cool. Next, mix in the ginger, garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- Before cooking the chicken, cut 3 slashes in each drumstick. Toss the chicken with 2 tablespoons of canola oil and season with salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the spiced yogurt from step 1, and rub it onto the chicken. Arrange the chicken on the racks, leaving 2 inches between the pieces.
- Roast for 45 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Broil the chicken 6 inches from the heat for about 5 minutes, until lightly charred.
- In a small bowl, stir the cilantro, shallot, vinegar, and ¼ cup of oil; salt to taste to serve with the chicken.