Slow-roasted salmon with capers and horseradish
( SERVES 4 )
|1||Olive oil, to brush|
|800 g||Boneless salmon fillets, 4 fillets|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1½ Tbsp||Capers, rinsed|
|300 g||Green beans, trimmed and blanched|
|300 g||Endive, curly leaves|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- To make the dressing, combine the vinegar, horseradish, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Brush the salmon with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in a baking dish and top with capers.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until just firm to the touch. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- To serve, divide beans and curly endive between plates, top with salmon and spoon over dressing.
TIP Pin-boning removes the small bones. Ask your fishmonger to do this for you. You can also use freshly grated horseradish or horseradish cream.