Lemon olive oil and thyme cake
Photo by Qingster Photography
Lemon and thyme are a wonderful combination especially when you use Olivio’s Lemon Infused Olive Oil. Not only does it give this cake a real lemony kick, but the thyme also enhances the grassiness of the olive oil which makes it a great cake for those who “don’t like sweet cakes”.
Image is courtesy of Qingster Photography.
- Icing sugar to dust and thyme springs to decorate
- Heat oven to 170C and grease and line a 23 x 23 cm tin.
- Beat eggs and sugar until pale and foamy.
- Stir in yoghurt and olive oil.
- Fold in flour, baking powder, salt and thyme.
- Spoon into prepared tin and bake 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out with just a few crumbs. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto wire rack to cool completely. Dust lightly with icing sugar before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.