Lemon yoghurt muffins
Photo by Tamara West
If you're ever in Martinborough drop in to Olivio - owners Helen and John Meehan are charming hosts and you'll love their range of infused oils. I settled on fennel for my pork dishes; porcini for soups, pastas, risottos and to drizzle over my eggs for breakfast; and lemon for well, just about everything. Helen uses Olivo lemon-infused oil to whip up batches of muffins for her pickers using Alison Holst’s olive oil muffin recipe which she has adapted. They are light, fluffy and extra lemony. I added sultanas to mine.
- Heat oven to 200C with rack just below the middle.
- Stir the sugar, oil, egg, salt, yoghurt and lemon juice together with a fork or whisk, until thoroughly mixed.
- Sift flour over the mixture and fold everything together until the flour is just mixed in but do not mix until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into 12 regular or 24 mini muffin pans which have been oiled.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until centres spring back when pressed and muffins are lightly browned. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then remove from pans and cool on a rack.
Check out the Jo's other olive recipes