Baked prawns with feta and olives
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Baked prawns with feta and olives make a delicious starter, and can be served in individual dishes or on one big plate so everyone can help themselves. It also makes a great midweek meal if you have a stash of prawns in the freezer and guests turn up unexpectedly. There are only a few ingredients and the preparation is quick - just a few minutes under the grill. Have some crusty bread on hand to mop up the delicious sauce.
- Preheat grill to hot.
- Place the first measure of olive oil and 2 cloves of garlic in a small pot. Warm through until garlic is just starting to cook. Add tomatoes and sugar, then cook for a few minutes until softened and saucy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat second measure of oil in a frying pan, add remaining clove of garlic, then the prawns. Toss in the pan until just cooked (3 or 4 minutes).
- Stir cooked prawns into tomato sauce.
- Place prawns in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle on olives, crumble over the feta and thyme sprigs. Season with black pepper.
- Place dish under grill until feta starts to melt and brown. Serve hot with crusty bread.