This recipe was created by Helen Climo, and is featured on the menu of Vogel's Toast of NZ Cafe.
- Put the oven onto grill function at 200C and put the shelves as high as they will go.
- When the oven is hot grill 6 or 9 pieces of Vogel's on one side until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile in a bowl beat 2 eggs with a fork until they're broken up, add 1 tsp of mustard, a large finely chopped onion, salt and pepper seasoning and a cup or so of grated cheese, as tasty as you like it. Add other optional ingredients, such as mushrooms, ham, tomatoes and herbs, all finely chopped. Mix this lot together to make the quiche filling.
- Turn the Vogel's slices on the tray so the cooked side is down. Spread the quiche filling over the uncooked side, making sure you get to the sides.
- Place back under the grill until cooked. The egg will set, and the cheese goes creamy. Yum.