Sweet French toast roll ups
This recipe was created by Christina Blair, and is featured on the menu of Vogel's Toast of NZ Cafe.
- Trim the crust from the bread. Flatten the slices slightly with a rolling pin.
- In the center of each bread slice, spread the jam over. Roll the bread up like sushi.
- In a bowl mix the egg and the milk, whisk until well combined.
- On a small plate mix the sugar and cinnamon.
- Set a pan over medium heat and add butter.
- Soak the bread rolls in the milk mixture until fully coated. Add them to the hot pan and cook the rolls until they are golden brown on all sides.
- Roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Serve hot. Can serve with banana and vanilla ice cream for dessert. Or banana and maple syrup for a sweet breakfast.