Baked chocolate and raspberry cheesecake
( SERVES 8 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Chocolate and raspberry has to be one of the most deliciously decadent sweet combinations. I always have raspberries in my freezer to add to muffins, sprinkle on a lemon tart or bake in a cheesecake. I always make this first thing in the morning to ensure it has all day to completely cool before eating.
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line a 20cm tin with baking paper.
- Blitz the digestives in a food processor and blitz until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Add the melted butter, and process to combine. Press into the base of the lined tin.
- Melt the chocolate and 100g sugar in a bowl over hot water. Remove and cool slightly.
- In another bowl, beat together the remaining sugar, ricotta, cream cheese, sour cream, and eggs until smooth.
- Add the chocolate and stir until smooth. Pour on to the base, adding the raspberries as you go. Bake for 45-50 minutes until set. Cool completely before removing from tin. Garnish with raspberries and grated chocolate.
Check out Ray McVinnie's video on 'How to make chocolate shards'