Baked chocolate and raspberry cheesecake
( SERVES 8 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Chocolate and raspberry has to be one of the most deliciously decadent sweet combinations. I always have raspberries in my freezer to add to muffins, sprinkle on a lemon tart or bake in a cheesecake. I always make this first thing in the morning to ensure it has all day to completely cool before eating.
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line a 20cm tin with baking paper.
- Blitz the digestives in a food processor and blitz until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Add the melted butter, and process to combine. Press into the base of the lined tin.
- Melt the chocolate and 100g sugar in a bowl over hot water. Remove and cool slightly.
- In another bowl, beat together the remaining sugar, ricotta, cream cheese, sour cream, and eggs until smooth.
- Add the chocolate and stir until smooth. Pour on to the base, adding the raspberries as you go. Bake for 45-50 minutes until set. Cool completely before removing from tin. Garnish with raspberries and grated chocolate.
For an extra special decoration, check out Ray McVinnie's video on how to make chocolate shards.