Miso walnut brownies
This recipe for miso walnut brownies is a knock-out and illustrates how Sachie Nomura uses traditional Japanese ingredients in a very modern way.
- Heat oven to 180C. Line a 15 x 27cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix together miso and yoghurt.
- Mix butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Add miso/yoghurt and two-thirds of the walnuts and mix well.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Pour into cake tin and sprinkle with remaining walnuts. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool in cake tin, then serve with yoghurt or whipped cream.