Salmon caesar salad cups
( SERVES 8 )
Photo by Michael Craig
Don't be afraid to substitute the salmon for chicken in the Caesar Salad cups, or add a bit of bacon to the stuffed potato if that's what you are into.
|2||Baby cos lettuce, select 8 small leaves and wash|
|1||Egg, boiled and cut into 8 wedges|
|200 g||Smoked salmon, torn into 8 pieces|
|⅓ cup||Shaved parmesan|
|½ cup||Croutons, see recipe below|
|8 servings||Caesar dressing, see recipe below|
- Preheat oven to 150C. Toss oil with cubed bread in a medium bowl until cubes are evenly coated. Spread coated bread cubes on a baking pan lined with baking paper in a single layer and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake them in the oven for 15 minutes until they're golden brown. Cool before serving.
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients except the grapeseed oil in a food processor.
- Once combined, slowly drizzle in the oil with the motor going and season with salt and pepper. The dressing should start to emulsify. If the dressing seems a bit thick, loosen with a tsp of cold water. Continue to add more water until the desired consistency is reached.
- To assemble the Caesar salad cups, place the lettuce leaves on a plate. Inside each leaf, place a piece of the salmon and egg followed by a small spoonful of the dressing and a slice of parmesan.
- Finish with a sprinkle of the croutons and serve. These can be picked up and eaten in a couple of bites.