Winter roast vegetables with almond dressing
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Roasting whatever vegetables you have in your fridge will make a wonderful salad. Here I have added a few spices, feta and a delicious dressing. I try to make this in bulk but more often than not it is picked at before it even gets to the lunchbox. This salad is even more delicious the next day, the nutty flavour from the dressing infusing with the spices. I like to eat it at room temperature rather than cold.
|2||Kumara, medium, cubed|
|¼||Pumpkin, peeled and cubed|
|1 tsp||Fresh coriander|
|¼ cup||Olive oil|
|1 cup||Cauliflower, broken in florets and blanched|
|100 g||Feta, crumbled|
|¼ cup||Fresh basil, or fresh parsley, chopped|
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place parsnip, kumara and pumpkin in a roasting dish. Mix cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, salt and oil in a small bowl, drizzle over vegetables and mix well. Place in oven for 30 minutes until soft and golden. Toss once during this time.
- Place couscous in a large bowl and pour over 1 cup of boiling water. Allow to sit for 10 minutes then fluff with a fork. Cool.
- To make the dressing, place almond butter, lemon, honey and water in a small jar and shake until well combined.
- Add roasted vegetables and cauliflower to fluffed couscous. Crumble in feta and toss the basil leaves through.
- Pour dressing over salad and season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.