Pork chops with apples and calvados
( SERVES 6 )
- Core, peel and quarter the apples. Place in a bowl, toss in a tablespoon of calvados and allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Drain but keep juice. Sauté in half the butter till golden and caramelised.
- At the same time, sprinkle chops with a little salt and pepper and sauté in a large frypan in the rest of the butter for 10 minutes.
- They should be golden brown and barely cooked through. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add the shallots to the pan and saute for five minutes.
- Add the 50ml of calvados and ignite with a match. When the flames die down, add the cream and simmer for five minutes to reduce. Taste for seasoning.
- To serve pour the sauce over the chops and put the apples beside them.