Smoked havarti, mushroom and bacon profiteroles
Havarti is a mild, semi-soft cheese that is excellent on cheeseboards or grilled or melted. Makes 12.
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Place the profiteroles on a tray. Bake for about 5 minutes to crisp.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onion and garlic in the oil, until softened. Add the mushrooms and cook until the liquid has evaporated. Season.
- Pan-fry the bacon, until crisp. Cut into small pieces. Dice the harvati.
- Remove the profiteroles from the oven and cut in half horizontally. Fill the bases with the mushroom mixture. Top with the bacon cheese and profiterole caps. Place in a muffin pan or on a baking try.
- Heat for about 4 minutes, until the cheese has softened.