Cosset's coconut lime loaf
Photo by Kellie Gray
Cute-as-a-button Cosset Cafe makes a specialty of sweet treats and fresh salads. Here, owner Kellie Gray lifts the lid on a favourite: coconut and lime loaf. "This is a great recipe for busy mums," she notes in an email passing it on. "It's easy-peasy and kids love it!". Like this recipe, her kitchen is free of farm animal products - though there's still cows' milk in the coffee for those that like it. Enjoy!
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 160C.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Mix together wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold through gently.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin (22x10cm). Top with extra long thread coconut. Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Test with a skewer. When done, the loaf should be firm to the touch and the skewer should come out clean.