Mushimono with prawn, chicken and sesame
( SERVES 4 )
- Heat the vegetable and sesame oils in a frypan, add the chicken, season and cook for 5 minutes before turning.
- Continue cooking for 3 minutes then set aside. When cool, slice.
- In the bottom of small bowls or ramekins, place 2 prawns and some slices of chicken.
- Whisk the eggs, stock, soy and sake, add salt to taste, and pour carefully over the prawns and chicken. Skim off any bubbles on the surface.
- Cover with tinfoil and either steam or cook in a bain-marie or a covered frypan where the water reaches halfway up the sides of the bowls.
- Cook for 15 minutes then let cool to room temperature and serve with sesame, spring onions and more soy if so desired.