A healthier potato salad
Photo by Eleanor Ozich
Today, I share with you a healthier take on the classic potato salad, with a few added twists. This wonderful, light and fresh salad is incredibly simple to throw together and has a lovely mix of exciting and zingy flavors. Sweet and juicy red grapes meet salty capers. Both work in perfect harmony with the creamy yet slightly tangy minted yoghurt dressing. I have used red rascal potatoes, but new potatoes would also work well. The perfect salad for a spring picnic! Serves 2 as a light meal, or 4 as a side.
- To prepare the potatoes, scrub well then cut in to small cubes. Place the potatoes in to a large saucepan and then cover with salted water.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer, uncovered until just cooked. Be careful not to overcook them. Strain, and then set aside to cool.
- To prepare the vegetables, slice the cucumber lengthwise, and then slice in to 1cm thick pieces.
- Once the potatoes have cooled, place them in to a large salad bowl, along with the cucumber, grapes, capers, mint, lemon juice and natural yoghurt.
- Drizzle generously with extra virgin olive oil, and then sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Mix until just combined, and then serve.