Caramelised onion, sage and mustard frittata
( SERVES 8 )
Photo by Eleanor Ozich
This frittata provides the perfect light lunch. Serve warm with a rocket salad, tossed with Italian parsley, chives, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Simple and delightful.
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a large tart or cake tin. I prefer to use one with a removable base.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and mustard with a good pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Slice potatoes or kumara into very thin rounds (about 5mm thick). Arrange half the slices in an even layer on the bottom of the tin.
- Layer kale on top of potato slices and carefully pour egg mixture on top.
- Layer with remaining potato slices, tomato paste, and rounds of onion.
- Sprinkle over sage and muscovado sugar, and drizzle generously with extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and cool for at least 15 minutes before carefully transferring to a plate. Serve warm with a big handful of green salad.