Spicy deep fried eggplant
( SERVES 6 )
- Cut eggplant into big chunks. Peel and slice carrot into batons. Slice capsicum.
- Trim spring onions and slice on the cross into 8cm pieces. Have all other ingredients ready.
- Heat the soya oil in a wok to about 160C.
- Put the flour in a bowl. Dip the eggplant chunks in water then toss in the flour. Deep fry until golden (about five minutes) then put on a draining rack over absorbent paper.
- Meanwhile, dip other veggies in water and flour, deep fry then drain.
- Remove most of oil from the wok then reheat it.
- Saute the garlic and ginger then add remaining ingredients. Cook for a few minutes. To serve place veggies in bowl and drizzle with sauce.