Roasted carrot soup
Carrots are such an easy vegetable to include regularly because they can be eaten raw or cooked. Have raw carrot sticks and hummus or vege dip for a nutrient dense afternoon snack, grate raw carrot into salads and sweet foods like carrot cake. Roasting them really brings out their sweetness in this warming autumn soup.
- Heat oven to 200C. Peel and chop the carrots and kumara and place on a baking tray with the whole garlic cloves.
- Drizzle olive oil over the carrots, kumara and garlic and sprinkle over some salt, pepper and thyme. Toss to coat.
- Roast for 25 minutes, or until the vegetables start to brown. 3 While the vegetables are roasting heat a large soup pot and gently fry onion and celery in olive oil until soft.
- Once the vegetables are roasted add these along with the pealed garlic to the pot. Cover with the stock and water. Gently simmer until the roasted vegetables are soft.
- Allow the soup to cool slightly before blending with a stick blender or food processor.
- Finish with chopped parsley and apple cider vinegar.