Wild mushroom crostini
Photo by Babiche Martens
Mushrooms freshly fried with garlic and chilli are exceptionally good. If you can't get wild mushrooms, a mixture of brown and portobello will be just fine. The hint of chilli adds a wee bit of heat, and plenty of freshly ground pepper is a must.
- Chop the mushrooms roughly.
- Heat 6 Tbsp oil in a frying pan. Fry the crushed garlic and chilli for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and fry for a few minutes so they still retain their texture.
- Add the parsley, marjoram, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast the sliced bread, rub with the remaining garlic clove and brush with the extra olive oil.
- Top with the warm mushrooms and serve immediately.