Topp Twins' mince on toast
Photo by Michael Craig
Food has always been more than just fuel for much-loved Kiwi entertainers Jools and Lynda Topp. Lynda's mince on toast recipe is a hit with the local farming community in Staveley.
- In a large pot, cook the butter until it starts to foam and brown slightly. Add garlic and mince and brown the meat until moisture has reduced.
- Add diced vegetables, tomato paste, soy sauce, Mariano's salsa or smoked paprika, balsamic reduction and chicken stock. Bring to the boil and turn heat down, simmering for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool, mash until vegetables are absorbed into mince and ideally refrigerate overnight.
- Reheat in a pot and add frozen peas to cook in the bubbling mince mixture for two minutes.
- Serve on toast, sprinkled with chopped parsley.