Feijoa, peach and cardamom crumble
Riesling and cardamom deliver delicious flavours to accompany sweet feijoas and peaches in this crumble.
- Peel the feijoas and halve. Peel the peaches, remove the stone and slice.
- Put in a saucepan with the water, wine, cardamom pods and first measure of sugar.
- Gently simmer until the fruit softens - approximately 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200C. In a bowl, combine the second measure of sugar, baking powder, flour, coconut, rolled oats, salt and cardamom, then rub in the butter using your fingertips.
- Spoon the fruit and juice into individual oven dishes, cover with the topping and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the topping is golden. Serve with cream.