Photo by Tamara West
Carbohydrates are not bad for us, it’s more that our bodies are designed to operate on less than we eat in our modern diet. Jo Elwin cooks a meal where less is more.
- Use the new Freya’s lower carb bread range as pizza bases. Using as many slices of bread as required, drizzle with olive oil and bake on a tray in a medium oven until golden and crispy.
- Top with tomato pasta sauce and toppings and bake again until warmed through and cheese is melting.
- Cut into fingers and serve a mixed trio for lunch on the weekend.
- Thin slices of fresh pineapple, prosciutto, mozzarella.
- A grating of parmesan, slices of mushroom and artichoke hearts and mozzarella.
- Fresh tomato and mozzarella, topped with fresh basil leaves to serve.